Spider Road Press seeks submissions to their 2016 suspense anthology, Approaching Footsteps: Four Novellas by Women. From https://spiderroadpress.submittable.com/submit (deadline is November 1):
Beginning on 9/1/15, we will again be considering submissions of unpublished suspense novellas by women writers. Novellas must be 9,000- 13,000 words long (40-60 pages). We seek suspenseful, well-crafted fiction in which the plot strengthens the characterization and tension is maintained throughout the narrative. Novellas featuring protagonists from traditionally under-represented communities (people of color, people with disabilities, etc.) are particularly encouraged. Novellas should be quality literature yet able to conform to the general themes of the suspense, mystery and thriller genres. One submission per writer allowed. We have a small staff, so it could take us until February to contact authors regarding acceptances and rejections. Payment upon publication: $150, three free copies of the collection, and a full-page bio and author profile on our website.
Specific submissions criteria:
· Submissions reopened from 9/1/15-11/1/15.
· No science fiction or urban fantasy this time. Sorry. No traditional horror or gore. No young adult fiction, traditional fantasy, erotica, traditional romance or fan fiction will be considered. Sorry.
· No gratuitous sex, violence, or profanity. If you include a crime or subtle sex scene in your novella, it must be integral to the story.
· No graphic rape, torture, or child molestation scenes.
· Simultaneous submissions must be clearly labeled as such and writers are expected to withdraw their submissions promptly if they are published by another party.
· All submissions should be prepared in accordance with standard formatting outlined in the style guide for novellas and short stories found at http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html.